Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for seeds of a white italian eggplant

Posted by jesse217 ca (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 15:57

I have been seed saving from an italian white eggplant variety brought from italy - but this year they are not germinating well and i'm afraid i may lose the strain.
they are not exceptionally large, but small seeded with great flavor. Any thoughts on how to replace or what it might be? I don't have any photos. I am also posting on seed savers. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for seeds of a white italian eggplant

try this site

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Growers Supply Company

o

I know of a White Italian Eggplant simply called "Italian White" (Melanzana Bianca Ovale). It is sold by Seeds of Change.

o

I know this is an old post but just in case you're checking back. Bianco a uovo White egg shaped and sized fruit.Rotonda Bianca Sfumata di Rosa Big very round eggplant White with pinkish fading. These are both available from Seeds from Italy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grow Italian

o

They sell packets and seedlings for these in NY. They are also known as ghost eggplants or White Eggplant "Casper".

I grew a Casper in a container indoors, and it grew to the size of my forearm over two months! I didn't get to taste it, because it got overrun by flies - wish it was planted outside!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here