Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carroteggs

Question about Thai Pink Tomatoes

carroteggs
15 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for the Thai Pink Tomato seeds. I did find them on Tomatofest.com ($15 minimum) order and on Rareseeds.com

Since they are hard to find, I thought they might be difficult to grow and not as tasty as they claim to be. I've only ever grown two types of tomatoes: Sweet 100s from seed and a regular size tomato plant from Home Depot. Has anyone ever grown these before? Do you have any tips? Are they more susceptible to bugs and disease than normal plants since they are heirloom? If it helps, I live in Central Florida on the east coast.

If you have a few seeds to spare, please go to my post on the seeds exchange board: Here

Thank you in advance for the advice! :)

Comments (3)

• carroteggs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oops, Just realized I should probably post in the Tomato forum. I am going to do that now.

But if anyone knows of another place to get those Thai Pink Tomatoes, let me know! I did a search on Google and did not get many hits on places to buy them in the U.S. I got more UK hits than US hits.

• farmerdilla
    15 years ago

If you mean the Thai Pink Egg, Baker Creek has them. Prolific bearer, but not to my taste.
    {{gwi:874687}}
    {{gwi:874689}}

• shane11
    10 years ago

I grew these a couple years back and they were very productive, plants stayed fairly small and were very disease resistant. And although the tomatoes were among the most attractive I have ever seen the flavor was rather blah being quite tart with no sweetness. They are fine for use in a salad or somewhere where other flavors dominate. I would grow them again purely as an ornamental. The fruits change to white before turning pale pink and finally rose pink and the plants are very attractive when loaded with a mix of these colors. Very unique.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm