Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryellenlynch_ca

Bottle brush seeds

Lady in Spain interested in purchasing bottle brush seeds. She was intrigued with bottle brush tree when visiting CA.

Can anyone help?

Comments (14)

• Michelle - CA, 9
    23 years ago

Hi,

I found a website that carries bottle brush seeds. I've never ordered from them, so I can't say anything about their business. To find the bottle brush seeds they carry, search their database for Keyword: bottle brush. The site was called Chiltern Seeds. Their based in the United Kingdom, I think.

Here's the site:
    http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chilternseeds/

Good luck, Michelle

• Pam - Aust.
    23 years ago

Do you mean Callistemon? If so, and if it's not too late, I have some seed.

Pam

• Lisa
    23 years ago

Please send me some pictures that are clear of bottle brush flowers as soon as possible.

Thankyou from lisa

• Lisa
    23 years ago

Please send me some pictures that are clear of bottle brush flowers as soon as possible.

Thankyou from lisa

• Judy K Johnson - Ca
    23 years ago

My grandmother had one of these trees and I am Trying to get one so I can Grow it

• Rowley
    22 years ago

I was given some Bottle Brush seeds from Australia, does anyone know how to get them going? Thanks in advance

• shaxhome Melb, Aust
    22 years ago

For any information on germinating Bottlebrush (Callistemon) seeds or similar questions, post your queries on this site. There are many experts there who are keen to help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Australian Native Plants

• lilyphaire
    22 years ago

i have several weeping bottle brush i can collect seed from for you.

• nolahbca
    21 years ago

I would love some seeds. I love the color and I have a hillside that would be perfect for them. Anything special I need to know? How long to germinations?

• sjbrk
    20 years ago

i am new to this so all please bear with me. How do i harvest the bottlebrush seeds friend has on so i can get them from him thanks

• rlg826
    20 years ago

I have both weeping and regular red bottle brush seeds

• mickeyann
    20 years ago

What do you feed the bottle brush? I purchased three and put them in the ground and they are already starting to grow the blooms. I am not sure what type they are. Got them at Houston Garden Center. Also do you need to cut them back or just let them growing? Are the seeds present after the bloom has finished? How do you get the seeds?

• Bob_in_NC
    18 years ago

The best way to harvest is to cut off the stem with the seed capsules attached. To get the capsules to open and release the seeds, put them in a paper bag in the oven on low heat - 150-200°. (In their native Australia, fires cause them to open up.)

I have several red-flowered Callistemons I'd be happy to trade/share. I've been growing them here in the piedmont region of North Carolina for six or seven years now.

• mastif01
    9 years ago

I would love some seeds. I know I have to bring them in for winter where I am but wow r they beautiful. Please message me if anyone has some

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?