Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rhyno_gw

likelihood of crosses, unintentional

rhyno
18 years ago

Hi, I'm growing a bunch of heirlooms in a confined space, using the Square Foot gardening technique, taken to an extreme. I'll have 15 plants in a 4 x 6 raised bed. I'd like to save seeds this year, but will I run into a bunch of unintentional crosses with plants so close together?

I have Carolyn's book on order, but any advice in the meantime surely would be helpful.

Jeff

Comment (1)

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

Jeff,

For some good info on crossing of OP tomatoes go to the main tomato forum, link above on this first page, where heirloom tomatoes are discussed, click on the FAQ link at the top of the page in the TOmato Forum, go towards the bottom of the FAQ's and you'll find a new FAQ on saving seed that the good folks in the TOmato Forum recently did.

It should answer almost any question about crossing and if it doesn't then ask here in the thread you've already started.

But as I just said to the person who posted here about Mortgage Lifter , you'll find that heirloom tomatoes are discussed in the main Tomato Forum and have been since I've been a member of GW. And I think you too will enjoy reading about the other heirlooms that folks are growing in that Forum.

Carolyn

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville