Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heirloom tomatoes

Posted by retired20604 ft worth tex (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 04 at 5:15

Am new at this. Would really like to put out fall garden, too late to start plants from seed. Does anyone know where/if transplants can be had in the dallas/fort worth area. james

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heirloom tomatoes

Might also be worth posting this on the tomato growing forum as many of the folks there are heirloom afficionados!

o

I too would urge you to post this on the tomato forum. Lots of Texans. Can't remember if there are any from Ft. Worth, but someone will point you in the right direction. Best wishes.

Mary

o

Welcome new neighbor! I live Arlington. Can't find a store with HEIRLOOM tomato transplants, but Green's Produce in Arlington has tomato plants in 5 gallon buckets etc. I know they carry Celebrity, Sweet 100, and some others.

o

This is for Kristie -

I live in MD and work in No. VA. The only nurseries that I was able to located with heirloom transplants were

Behnke's and Homestead - both are in MD though.

Behnke in Beltsville and Largo and Homestead in Davidsonville.

Did you check the Merrifield Garden Center on Gallows Rd?

I would check Franks Nursery as well.

o

MudPye,
Are any of those nurseries in Texas? Also, I'm sure there are stores that carry heirloom plants but I just havn't been able to find any in my area.

o

In Austin, I called around to some of the local nurseries. None of the box stores had ANY tomato plants at all.

Also, check/write with your local county extension folks, or ask your area's master gardeners...

April
who got 24 in this time for my first fall garden (not all heirlooms)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here