Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenlad

Heirlooms Conference

gardenlad
17 years ago

Just a reminder that the Appalachian Heirloom Seed Conservancy's annual Fall Conference will be held October 6-8 in Berea, Kentucky.

Nonmembers may attend.

The conference consists of formal seed swaps, on-going presentations on subjects ranging from growing heirloom melons to preserving the heirloom harvest, and the ever-popular Saturday night cook-out and gabfest.

For complete details, contact AHSC at KentuckySeeds@hotmail.com.

Comments (4)

• Macmex
    17 years ago

Wish we could go. But travel time and funds won't allow. Have a great time and greetings to our comrades!

George
    Tahlequah, OK

• blueflint
    17 years ago

We are looking forward to being there again this year. We are going to try to be there friday early afternoon so we can visit the shops in town and also attend the early bird reception (for members) that evening.

• vgary
    17 years ago

blueflint: ".....a few heirlooms from Kentucky & Tennessee such as the Black Mountain Pink Tomato which is excellent." You'r a grower after my own heart growing tomatoes!
    Mlack Mountain Pink was one of the most striking tomatoes I grew this year. We will have much to talk about concerning Kentucky Heirloom Tomato varieties.
    I look forward meeting you; due to my health I always try to be there early Saturday morning and spend the day. This will be my third time in attendance as I was at the first two as well.
    The opportunites for learning and sharing gardening interests with the "masters" is a highlight of my year!
    It is always good to see old friends and exciting to have the opportunity of making new ones!
    Gary/Louisville

• blueflint
    17 years ago

Just a reminder that the AHSC conference is coming up shortly. If you have any interest in Appalachian or southern heirlooms, this is the group for you. For complete details, contact AHSC at KentuckySeeds@hotmail.com

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?