Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help id heirloom tomato variety

Posted by Gardenerenthusiast 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 17, 13 at 21:41

Hi,

I need some help identifying my heirloom tomato variety. The tag only says "Heirloom Tomato" and the picture has a bunch of different tomatoes on it. I thought it might be a Cherokee Green because I read somewhere that the inside kind of liquifies when it is overripe. I noticed a couple of days ago some of the fruit the skin started to get really wrinkly (you can kind of tell in the picture) and it was soft feeling. (This is also why I picked some). But I do not think it is Cherokee Green because there isn't any yellow on it.

I've been waiting all summer for these and I really would like to know what kind they are so I can better maintain them.

Thanks in advance, it is much appreciated any sort of direction of idea as to what they are!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help id heirloom tomato variety

Here's a photo of the leaves

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here