Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jeminez Beans not producing

Posted by gponder 7/South OR (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 23:23

I planted my Jeminez beans, (that I generously received from a GW'r ) back in June, they grew vigorously have flowered and flowered but still no beans. Our temps here have been especially warm in the high 90s low 100s. The rattlesnake are producing great guns, bush Festina and pole Romano doing well but no Jeminez. Does this variety not like the heat? I realize fruit set on many veges is sparse to nill with temps in the high 90s but all the other beans are doing well....just wondering???? I'm really looking forward totastig this bean.

Thanks for any input.
Glenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jeminez Beans not producing

Festina and Rattlesnake are both varieties with a reputation for heat-tolerance. Jeminez has been sold by Thompson & Morgan in the UK, on the other hand. It may need temperatures more friendly to beans. Hope you'll get some in the next few weeks.

I got a few Jeminez beans this year which set in cool weather and grew in warmer weather. They were not my favorite pole bean in these conditions - other varieties seemed more refined and tender.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here