Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
portiemom

Just came in for a look...

Portiemom
18 years ago

I just came in for a look, as I am growing heirloom tomatoes, and started off by reading the "Marihana Peace and Sunset Red Horizon" thread.

Now I am going to leave as fast as I can and go back to my other GW forums. Such anger and hatred here is making my very straight hair curl. Yikes. How sad.

Comments (6)

• paquebot
    18 years ago

Believe me, it didn't happen overnight! Sometimes it's needed in order to define the rules of the game. Or, it's the 2x4 needed to get a mule's attention! I've no concern over where it went after my last reply since the thread question, and others, had been well discussed and answers. Whatever transpired after that, pro or con, is probably of no consequence to the topic. The good outcome is that hundreds and hundreds of worthy old tomato varieties have finally joined their cousins by granting them heirloom status. The final piece of that puzzle had to be set in place. It took a long time but finally the picture is complete! AMEN!
    Martin

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

I just came in for a look, as I am growing heirloom tomatoes, and started off by reading the "Marihana Peace and Sunset Red Horizon" thread.
    Now I am going to leave as fast as I can and go back to my other GW forums. Such anger and hatred here is making my very straight hair curl. Yikes. How sad.

This Heirloom Forum is not where 99% of the Heirloom tomatoes are discussed.

If you're truly interested in threads/posts about heirloom tomatoes I suggest you click on the link at the top of this page to the main Tomato Forum where you'll find lots of heirloom obsessed folks.

Carolyn

• jimster
    18 years ago

Portiemom,

Too bad that was the first thread you happened upon. Fortunately, it is not representative of what you will find in this, or any other, Garden Web forum. Things do get fractious at times, but rarely to the degree they did on that thread.

Jim

• wayne_5 zone 6a Central Indiana
    18 years ago

I think that we can learn something from most posters....even critical ones as most criticism has a little grain of truth in it though not to our liking.

• HoosierCheroKee
    18 years ago

With regard to Portiemom's complaint, and others like it, may I point out that any forum discussion that does not meet one's personal criteria for acceptability can be terminated from one's sight with the simple click of a mouse ... just like one can switch channels or turn off a TV with a remote.

Sometimes I may find discussions worthy, enlightening, or humorous that other folks might find "contentious," "ugly," or even "vulgar."

I guess worthwhile dialog, like good art, is in the eye of the beholder, huh?

My grandpa used to say, "if you cain't stand tha heat, back away from tha stove."

• jimster
    18 years ago

"Portiemom's complaint"

There's a familiar ring to that. Are you a punster, HoosierCheroKee? LOL

Jim