Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allenstu

tomato plant problems in az- help

allenstu
19 years ago

I have some heirloom tomato transplants that have had bad trouble. Long story short I think I am overwatering. The new growth is stunted and the leaves are curling under really bad. The leaves really have never come uncurled and I guess I don't think they will. The leaves are green but stunted and curled. They have the proper nutrients and I have flushed the soil once to with clearex to make sure of no salt build up. There are in about 12 gallon containers. I have checked the soil with a moisture meter and even after a week they are still moist. It does have great drainage just large containers. What do you guys think. I live in mesa az in Las Sendas. LEt me know. ANy help is appreciated.I also have a water softner - not sure if this is a issue. allen

Comment (1)

• carolyn137
    19 years ago

Oh dear.

Allan,

You now have four identical threads started in three different Forums; 2 the same in Tomato Pests and Diseases, one in the main Tomato Forum and now one here.

Only one is needed, really, and since the one you posted in the main Tomato Forum is being answered why not go with that one as I wrote to you for the 2 you posted in the Tomato Disease Forum.

And I also answered you in the one in the main tomato forum.

When there are problems with tomatoes if it's a disease, or you think it might be,then the Tomato Disease Forum might be best.

If you're not sure what the problem is then the main Tomato Forum might be best.

This Heirloom forum is for different purposes as I think you can see at the top of this first page.

I know it's maybe confusing at first, but if you spend some time looking around and seeing what's being posted in different forums it might give you a better feel for the different forums and their subject content.

And you are getting some good answers in your thread in the main tomato forum.

Carolyn