Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_grower_100

Tomato's in Florida

organic_grower_100
13 years ago

Hi everyone reading this,

I'm posting this information for those who like myself had

horrific problems growing heirloom tomato's. Last year I started my first crop and I did everything to just to keep my plants alive, had some fruit, lots of wilt, disease's, etc.

This past summer I did a lot of research and learned much, tried many new things that had significantly positive results.

My plants now survive the summer heat, no blemishes, the first time ever I had plants that retained all their green leaves.

I started using Bountea compost tea system and root web which is a mycorrhizae fungi. I also learned to use supplements like fish fertilizer, liquid seaweed, and humic acid.

The difference is night and day. I have hundreds of fruit on my plants as of this writing, three crops of corn, basil trees, peppers, monster cantaloupe, greens, and garlic.

I have never had plants where I didn't have to worry about pathogens. I will never use chemical fertilizers again. The compost tea that I brew has a highly concentrated nutrient micro-organism count. I would suggest going to Youtube and watch some of the compost tea video's to getting introduced to it and go organic! This is still alearning process for me and I will post some info on my results.

More later, Pat

Comment (1)

• trini1trini
    13 years ago

Hi Pat,
    Thanks for posting this. I just started some heirloom tomatoes seeds and will try the methods you mentioned. I couldn't find much information out there about growing them in Florida so I am glad you posted your successes.
    T-

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals