Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
columbiascgw

New garden, SC

columbiasc
17 years ago

I am closing on a house at the end of this month and will finally be able to plant my first real garden since moving to South Carolina 16 years ago. I want to use as many heirloom plants as possible. I am interested in tomatoes, okra, cantelopes and other melons, sweet potatos, and anything else of interest. What's my best way to get started? I have very little to trade but will pay for postage and seeds.

I hope to be a regular here.

Scott

Comments (2)

• rodger
    17 years ago

I'm just up the road from you in Little MOuntain SC. My vegetable garden is all heirlooms and my yard is landscaped in antique roses Iris daylillies and numerous other plants. I'm sure we can work something out to get you started. I have tons of seed I wouldbe more than happy to share so drop me a line. And I can't advertize here but I do sell Heirloom Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash and melon plants at the state Market in Columbia during the annual Spring Plant and Flower Show.Rodger

• maryinpnw
    17 years ago

Sounds like Rodger is going to take care of you, but just in case you need to fill in some spots, some of the forums have exchanges,

Tomato forum people grow mostly heirlooms. There is a link on that page to the tomato seed exchange. Some people want to trade, but some folks actually offer some of their extra seeds for a SASE-Self Addressed Stamped Envelope or will just send them to you when you supply a mailing address. They will let you know how they want to work it.

At the vegetable forum, there is also a link to a vegetable exchange page. Sometimes the seeds or plants are heirloom. People also offer seeds for trade, SASE or will send them to you when you email a mailing address.

Look around at any forums that interest you.

Best wishes for a great 2007 garden.

Mary

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus