Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
art601

Seed Source Desired

art601
19 years ago

I've been on the Garden Web for ages but this is my first visit to the heirloom forum and there seems to be a wealth of information here.

A friend of mine has suggested a couple of what he terms outstanding heirlooms. They are Marianna's Peace and Kellogg's Breakfast. If anyone has a source for these please inform me.

Art

Comments (6)

• tomgyrll
    19 years ago

Hi Art. Try posting on the Tomato exchange. Also watch for seed offers there. Tomato growers like sharing the 1,000s of OP varieties! The Tom forum is very lively.

Susan

• paul_va
    19 years ago

Art,

In Northern Va., Marianna's Peace is truly delicious and rivals, or is better than, Pink Brandywine. On top of that, MP has a very interesting history. Do post your question in the Growing Tomatoes forum; you are likely to get many responses. KB is another popular heirloom tomato but I haven't grown it.

Paul

• Patris
    19 years ago

Hello Art,

You might try Heirloom seeds. They have a very large choice of seeds. Lots of veggies & flowers.

I just ordered sunflower, luffa, snow peas, eggplant and 10 assorted tomato's. Most are $1.25 a pack.

I am already planning for spring!!

"Happy gardening"

Here is a link that might be useful: Heirloom Seeds

• paul_va
    19 years ago

Art,

I got my MP seeds from TGS. Click on the link below and scroll to the bottom. They probably have KB also.

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: Marianna's Peace

• Raymondo
    19 years ago

Both are carried at a number of seed houses, but often only one is carried. TGS carries them both, which makes things easier I think.
    Hope this helps. And do visit the Growing Tomatoes forum, and have a look at that forum's exchange area.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting