Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tromboncino-Unlikely source

Posted by tomatomike z7NC (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 07 at 7:43

Believe it or not, my DW found Tromboncino seeds (Burpee, source Italy, packed for 2008) marked 1/2 price at
Super K-Mart on the 26th! She also found several of our other favorites (not heirlooms) as well, which will save us postage. I had been offered seeds by zeedman and was waiting for the holiday mail to die down, but now I won't need to do that, though I sincerely appreciate his generosity. If you have a Super-K close by you might want to check them out now. Never know what you might find.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tromboncino-Unlikely source

That's great! I remember when we lived in NJ, every February the A & P grocery store would have seeds for ten cents a packet. Some were very good too.

George
Tahlequah, OK

o
RE: Tromboncino-Unlikely source

I'm impressed that Tromboncino is now so widely sold; I have run across quite a few sources in recent years. Not many years ago, the only one carrying it was Pinetree, which was the original source for one of my two strains (SSE is the other).

Maybe it was all the rave reviews here on GW? Most gardeners who have tried it, swear by it. Glad you could find it locally, Mike. ;-)

Those who have read my posts (or my member page) know that I am a big advocate of heirloom preservation. To see one become so popular really gives me hope.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here