Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomatomike

Tromboncino-Unlikely source

tomatomike
16 years ago

Believe it or not, my DW found Tromboncino seeds (Burpee, source Italy, packed for 2008) marked 1/2 price at

Super K-Mart on the 26th! She also found several of our other favorites (not heirlooms) as well, which will save us postage. I had been offered seeds by zeedman and was waiting for the holiday mail to die down, but now I won't need to do that, though I sincerely appreciate his generosity. If you have a Super-K close by you might want to check them out now. Never know what you might find.

Comments (2)

• Macmex
    16 years ago

That's great! I remember when we lived in NJ, every February the A & P grocery store would have seeds for ten cents a packet. Some were very good too.

George
    Tahlequah, OK

• zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
    16 years ago

I'm impressed that Tromboncino is now so widely sold; I have run across quite a few sources in recent years. Not many years ago, the only one carrying it was Pinetree, which was the original source for one of my two strains (SSE is the other).

Maybe it was all the rave reviews here on GW? Most gardeners who have tried it, swear by it. Glad you could find it locally, Mike. ;-)

Those who have read my posts (or my member page) know that I am a big advocate of heirloom preservation. To see one become so popular really gives me hope.