Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I reduce file size to upload?

Posted by claysoil z6 PA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 04 at 9:03

I'm enjoying everyone's pictures but cannot upload my own because the files are too large. Can anyone explain how to reduce the file size? I'm trying to move them from the "my pictures" location on my PC and cannot find an option to resize.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I reduce file size to upload?

I downloaded a free program, Irfanview. I click on my photo, then click on Images, resize, and put the width to 400, or 370 to make the other dimension less than 500.
Then I save the photo to my computer. This should work.

o

Link to Irfanview.

Here is a link that might be useful: Irfanview

o

Thanks for the info. Thus far I have been unable to download the software. It is supposed to take 13 minutes and I have waited over 35. Mayhap I just need to give it more time.

o

I've been having the same problem. Just when I thought I could upload pics it isn't working!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here