Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello

Posted by woadwoman z7 Oregon (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 21, 04 at 14:47

My kindly neighbors are getting tired of my dragging them into our garden to see each new hellebore flower open, so I'm joining the forum in the hope of sharing excitement and exchanging information with you all.

I've loved hellebores since childhood and we have good growing conditions for them, so I've been hand-pollinating hellebores since 1999 to add attractive plants to our garden. We now have 51 orientalis hybrids in flower or bud. Thirty-eight of them are the "keepers" from my breeding experiments. We also grow purpurescans, argutifolius, lividus, foetidus and x sternii.

Over the years that I've experimented with pollination, I've become increasingly interested in hellebore genetics and ecology, so I look forward to learning more about your hellebore breeding experiences.

Best,
Elizabeth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello

Hello Elizabeth. I hope you will post photos of your hellebore plants and flowers!

Carol

o
RE: Hello

Welcome Elizabeth. I look forward to your contributions and exchanging ideas/experiences.
Joseph

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here