susie-nc
15 years ago

Feb Photos............

{{gwi:555714}}....

{{gwi:555715}}........

Comments (26)

• kms4me
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! Here in zone 4, it's gonna be a LONG time before I see those flowers.

• susie-nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi kms4me...........I hope u have as many bloom as i have.When yours blooms please post pictures........

• goswimmin
    15 years ago

Susie I just love that first one, especially the way the petals curl.
    Mary

• susie-nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HI Mary...........I got that Hellebore from JD.....I like the double blooming niger at the bottom.I have enjoed all your Hellebore pictures.We should trade a few seed.....

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    15 years ago

great pictures! I can't wait for spring.
    Are the 4th and 5th pictures from the same plant? I like the veining of color on the back of the petals. The double niger is also special.

• susie-nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi kato b, 4&5 are the same plant, it happens to be my favorite one.This is the first yr for the double niger...glad you like them.....Diane

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    15 years ago

WOW! How beautiful. What are the names of #2 and #5?

• hankeat
    15 years ago

Here are my three helleborus.

Here is a link that might be useful: helleborus

• hankeat
    15 years ago

2nd photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helleborus2

• hankeat
    15 years ago

3rd photo

Here is a link that might be useful: Helleborus3

• in ny zone5
    14 years ago

Hankeat,

This Helleborus "rubrus" looks huge when compared to my own plants which I bought 2 and 4 years ago. How old is your plant?
    You also live in a milder climate than I. I grew up in Germany, and compared to Upper NY State the climate is not as hot in summer and by far not as cold in winter. Do you have this plant growing in semi-shade, and in good humus-rich soil?

My plants are opening the flowers now, but new leaves are just pushing out of the ground. I just cut off the old leaves. Until last week we still had frost at night. Your spring might be 4 weeks earlier than here.

Thanks!
    Bernd

• susie-nc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hankeat, Your Hellebores are beautiful.I wish more people would post their photos here.I have been growing my plants for 8-10 yrs now.I had over 700 plus in bloom this yr 08-09.....I always look forward to the winter months.

thyme2dig, the 2nd picture is a plant that i grew from seed, its just a double.The last is double niger.There was a guy Bruce on here from NH he helped out alot when i first got started with Hellebores.I wish i hadnt lost touch with him.I sure miss his post....

• claysoil
    14 years ago

Susie, have you been to Garden Buddies? LOTS of hellebore pictures there. Bruce used to post there too....

Here is a link that might be useful: Hellebore Forum

• susie-nc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Claysoil, I have been over there GB, just cant seem to get into the flow of the forums.I guess i should put more effort into it.........

• oleg9grower
    11 years ago

So bloom in my garden Helleborus orientalis. If you like these photos - I can show others, but not all the names I know.

• oleg9grower
    11 years ago

Oops, forgot to write - I live in Ukraine.

• alina_1
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Oleg!
    Glad you are growing Hellebores in Ukraine :)

• oleg9grower
    11 years ago

Thank alina_1, and grow themselves both in the wild grow. In some cultures for a long time, about
    100 years old.

• oleg9grower
    11 years ago

Helleborus niger v.major. The final stage of flowering:

• oleg9grower
    11 years ago

alina_1,If you are interested in information about helleborus in Ukraine, here's the link above:
    http://www.vashsad.ua/forum/posts/2530/1/

• julibrissin
    11 years ago

Helleborus 2012

• julibrissin
    11 years ago

Helleborus 2012

• julibrissin
    11 years ago

Helleborus 2012

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Helleborus/172571719430575?sk=photos_stream

• aiwen
    11 years ago

you have some wonderful hellebores, julib!

• mlb86
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting the beautiful photos julibrissin.

• timhensley
    11 years ago

Julibrissin - that is a beautiful hellebore. What variety is it?

Sponsored