Photobucket....
Photobucket....
Hellebore....
Hellebore........
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hellebore Photos

Gorgeous! Here in zone 4, it's gonna be a LONG time before I see those flowers.

o

Hi kms4me...........I hope u have as many bloom as i have.When yours blooms please post pictures........

o

Susie I just love that first one, especially the way the petals curl.
Mary

o

HI Mary...........I got that Hellebore from JD.....I like the double blooming niger at the bottom.I have enjoed all your Hellebore pictures.We should trade a few seed.....

o

great pictures! I can't wait for spring.
Are the 4th and 5th pictures from the same plant? I like the veining of color on the back of the petals. The double niger is also special.

o

Hi kato b, 4&5 are the same plant, it happens to be my favorite one.This is the first yr for the double niger...glad you like them.....Diane

o

WOW! How beautiful. What are the names of #2 and #5?

o

Here are my three helleborus.

Here is a link that might be useful: helleborus

o
RE: Hellebore Photo2

2nd photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helleborus2

o
RE: Hellebore Photo3

3rd photo

Here is a link that might be useful: Helleborus3

o

Hankeat,

This Helleborus "rubrus" looks huge when compared to my own plants which I bought 2 and 4 years ago. How old is your plant?
You also live in a milder climate than I. I grew up in Germany, and compared to Upper NY State the climate is not as hot in summer and by far not as cold in winter. Do you have this plant growing in semi-shade, and in good humus-rich soil?

My plants are opening the flowers now, but new leaves are just pushing out of the ground. I just cut off the old leaves. Until last week we still had frost at night. Your spring might be 4 weeks earlier than here.

Thanks!
Bernd

o

Hankeat, Your Hellebores are beautiful.I wish more people would post their photos here.I have been growing my plants for 8-10 yrs now.I had over 700 plus in bloom this yr 08-09.....I always look forward to the winter months.

thyme2dig, the 2nd picture is a plant that i grew from seed, its just a double.The last is double niger.There was a guy Bruce on here from NH he helped out alot when i first got started with Hellebores.I wish i hadnt lost touch with him.I sure miss his post....

o

Susie, have you been to Garden Buddies? LOTS of hellebore pictures there. Bruce used to post there too....

Here is a link that might be useful: Hellebore Forum

o

Hi Claysoil, I have been over there GB, just cant seem to get into the flow of the forums.I guess i should put more effort into it.........

o

So bloom in my garden Helleborus orientalis. If you like these photos - I can show others, but not all the names I know.
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Oops, forgot to write - I live in Ukraine.

o

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Oleg!
Glad you are growing Hellebores in Ukraine :)

o

Thank alina_1, and grow themselves both in the wild grow. In some cultures for a long time, about
100 years old.

o

Helleborus niger v.major. The final stage of flowering:

Photobucket

o

alina_1,If you are interested in information about helleborus in Ukraine, here's the link above:
http://www.vashsad.ua/forum/posts/2530/1/

o

Helleborus 2012

o

Helleborus 2012

o

Helleborus 2012

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Helleborus/172571719430575?sk=photos_stream

o

you have some wonderful hellebores, julib!

o

• Posted by mlb86 6B NE TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 19:44

Thanks for posting the beautiful photos julibrissin.

o

Julibrissin - that is a beautiful hellebore. What variety is it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here