Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
winter cheer

Posted by mrguppy3 none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 16:59

hi guys posted a pic of one of my hellebores hope you like.

This post was edited by mrguppy3 on Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 17:45

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: winter cheer

and another, cant seem to work out how to post more than one? mainly because i am computor illiterate i suppose.

o

Those are beautiful. Just curious: did you grow them from seed?

Mine are budded but only just opening in this colder-than-normal spring.

Thanks for the lovely pictures.

Amanda

o

Hi amanda
I am an amanda too.
Yes i hand pollinate and pick the best for the garden i have been growing hellebores for 14 years, some times i get some real gems amongst the also rans of which i move on to the church stall or sell at car boot sales.we have this awful sudden cold spell at the moment and all of them have flopped over apart from the ones i am pollinating in the green house.

o

Thanks for sharing! Is the top one "freckled"? Or what do you call the pattern?

o

Hi claysoil.yes i suppose it is freckled its an anemone centered one that appeared amongst a batch of doubles.

o

Those are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

o

The first one is stunning!!

o

thank you all for the nice comments.
had a bad double chill this year which knocked most of them back so some of the stems of the taller ones are all bent and mishapen due to a freezing week then a real mild spell which then went back to freezing .

o

Mrguppy3 -- Your photos are beautiful. Can you tell me the name of your Hellebores? Just stunning!

o

hi spicedmonday. thank you, glad you like them.addictive arnt they.
i dont really have names for them as they are just ones that i have bred.
though the bottom picture i have nicknamed rasberryripple just for me as it is one that i am line breeding to get the stripes as strong as possible.

o

wow! That is fascinating! How do you breed them? I love these! Do you have any links that explain how that works? I would love to read about it. I can barely keep the weeds down here, so would never be able to do it, but I would love to just know how the process works. It looks like you are doing a fantastic job at it! :)

o

Very beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here