Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

I just picked up hellebores!

cfmuehling
16 years ago

I know that doesn't sound like something to crow about, but Mirka, on Mid-Atlantic gardening is bored with hers. Unfortunately, she doesn't care about labels, so they've now become generic hellebores.

However, for filling in my maple beds, they are perfect. I took info on this board seriously about them 1) not being as hard to transplant as people think and 2) being able to take more sun than people think.

I dug a very large root ball, that filled up Giant Grocery plastic bags and then some. I planted them immediately and God gave us a thunderstorm complete with hail just this minute.

There are a 4 of the creamy yellow/white, 2 nice dark purples, a pinky, vein-y thing, and one that looks like it has little umbrella/feathered leaves with flowers that are greenish on stalks like meadow rue. Beautiful.

Now, I just want to find the two colors I'm coveting. The black/purple and the burgundy/red. Yeah!

Oh - is there a site that lists hellebore types? I know there is for hosta, but I know nothing about hellebores.

Thanks,

C.

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz