Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An Abundance of Hellebores

Posted by nanapam02 Raleigh N.C. (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 20:54

This year I realized I have way too many babies. I cut off the flowers on many of them as a means of plant control. I was thinking about cutting out some of the smaller plants, hoping to kill them. Don't want to dig as there is not enough room. Will cutting the small ones, kill them??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An Abundance of Hellebores

I usually grab handfuls of the babies and pull them up. If they are big enough to cut, you may have to go back a second time and look for another flush of leaves, but I doubt it at this time of year.

o

Hi - If you still have too many hellebores, let me know. I'm up in Richmond, would love to get some of them as I have some areas I'm trying to "naturalize"... Hellebores would be perfect for a couple of them!

o

Hi I also would like some Hellebores. I love seeing the cool green and rose tones in the winter. You can email me at the yahoo. Thanx

o

sent you an email

o

If you still have extra's I would love some starts also. I have tried growing the seed but alas nothing happens. I would be happy to send postage.

Ellie

o

If you should find yourself in the same situation, I would LOVE to have any babies you pull up! PLEASE email me. I will be happy to pay for the shipping!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here