Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally my first flower!

Posted by Starry_Night z 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 04 at 17:59

I finally had a first bloom. It was on a H. 'Ruse Black' that I bought a couple of years ago.Unfortunatly it wasnt black. I was so hoping for a black one but this one has a pretty color tho. Its small and hard to describe. Its kind of a peachy chartruese color with the tiniest maroon spotting.
I am hoping to find a blue-black one but keep missing out a the local greenhouses.
Anyone can recommended a seller of blue-blacks? I've read the posts about the English grower and Im uncertain if I want to take the chance. Any in the US that can send a definate black?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally my first flower!

Heronswood nursery in Washington state:

www.heronswood.com

Or, try Barry's Glick's nursery back east. Is it called Sunshine Farms?

o

also pine knot farms in virginia sells plants that have bloomed. it's best to buy them in flower so you can get what you think is 'black' or 'blue-black', but at least you'll be more certain of getting one in that general category if you use one of these growers even if you order at other times of year.
there are other places too...just double-check with the one you choose to make sure they are selling a plant that has already bloomed as it is impossible to know with certainty what the color will be--regardless of parentage--if you are buying a seedling.

Here is a link that might be useful: pineknot

o

Thank you so much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here