Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone buy Hellebore seeds online?

Posted by Julia_C 6 NE PA (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 19:21

Can anyone recommend an online seller of hellebore seeds? I've been trying to get my hands on them, but cannot find plants or seeds locally and have had no luck on the seed exchange forum.

I've seen several websites online, but they all seem to be smaller sellers that I have never heard of before, so wondering if any of you have purchased from Winterwoods, Swallowtail Garden, or Plant Delights Nursery to name a few?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone buy Hellebore seeds online?

I've bought seed several years from this site in England (shipping costs aren't very much). Had great results and lots of seedlings.

http://stores.ebay.com/choiceplants

o

I bought seedlings from this gal on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Hellebore-Lenten-Rose-seedlings-mix-Shade-Perennial-/180856258969?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1bdf8199#ht_1395wt_1139

they are small but VERY strong little seedlings. I'm very happy with them

Sharon Cash
zone 7

o

Oh my goodness, the best seed purchase I ever made was from Pine Knot Farms in South Carolina. can't swear they are still doing this, but I had great success with PKF mixed open pollinated seeds. They were 50 seeds for 5 dollars, you cannot beat that! I got an incredible variety; solids, spotted, veined, doubles, anemones, almost black, whites, even 2 bright yellows. The ones I don't like so much and intend to cull....I have friends standing in line asking for them! The catch is that you need a lot of space to grow on 50 of the plants to see what they will look like. they also sell strictly southern Belle seeds, 5 for 5$. You don't need to spend that; get the 50 for 5 bucks! But hurry, their seed season is ending.

If you want to choose the type of flowers you get, then use Elizabeth Town in Tazmania. I have gotten seed from them 3 times and the plants are vigorous and 80% true. BUT, you have to wait until January to order from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pine Knot

o

I have never purchased Hellebore seeds from them but Plant Delights Nursery is a very well respected mail order nursery.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here