Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? about lenten rose seeds

Posted by tammyinwv z6/WV (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 03 at 22:49

i am expecting these seeds any day now.I live in zone 6-7 (WV).what is the best way to handle these this time of year? Can I just plant them in a partial shady area directly in my garden?or do I have to do the 6-10 week rotation in fridge?How long does it usually take these to bloom?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? about lenten rose seeds

The simplest way is to plant them directly in the garden or prepared bed so that they stay moist. Next February or March, you will see the seed leaves emerge.

o

Do I need to water daily throughout the summer to kep moist?

o

Let nature take its course with the seeds in the ground. You can expect bloom in 2-3 years. Same holds for sowing in media and potting/stepping up as they mature.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here