Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
capief

look for double helleborus

capief
21 years ago

Hello, I'm looking for double

helleborus's plants, not expensive. Can be helping?

Comments (13)

• Tim_M
    21 years ago

Hi,
    Phedar Nursery here in the UK will supply divisions of doubles at a reasonable price. Phedar Nursery is owned by Will McLewin and his address is:

Phedar Nursery,
    42, Bunkers Hill,
    Romiley,
    Stockport,
    SK6 3DS,
    United Kingdom.

Telephone: (0044) (0)161 430 3772.

Will McLewin will send plants and seed to France without any problem. All you need to do is send a small amount of money to cover postage (3 or 4 Euros) and an address label to him. Write a short note asking for his catalogue; it might also be worth mentioning that you are interested in double hellebores.

Best Wishes,
    Tim

• bruceNH
    21 years ago

Boy wish I lived in France! I am of French heritage, does that count? Yah, I know, would be better to be English and live in the UK.

• lilysgarden
    21 years ago

Tim,

Will Phedar Nursery send plants and/or fresh seed to the US as well? Wow, to be able to purchase Hellebores or their seed from Will McLewin himself, now that would be a dream come true!

-Lily

• Tim_M
    21 years ago

Hi Lily,
    Unfortunately it's not practical for Will to send plants to countries outside the EEC. However, I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that he can and does send seed to the USA.

He is in the middle of compiling the seed list right now, so you need to send off for it as soon as possible. All you need to do is send him a small example of your own folding money (a couple of dollars) to cover the postage along with an address label and a short note asking for this years seed list.

Best Wishes,
    Tim

• lilysgarden
    21 years ago

Thanks Tim! I must get to the Post Office to mail out a few seed and plant trades this morning anyway, so I shall compose a quick note, add a few dollars and an address label and get my request for a seed list out straight away!

Thanks again!
    -Lily

PS I will also request his Hellebore Extended Notes and enclose the $ for it!

• hellebore
    21 years ago

Hellebore enthusiasts may be interested to know that there is also a fantastic breeder of double helleborus in England called Graham Birkin.

• jannie
    21 years ago

In today's mail I got a catalog from VanBourgenien. It has double hellebores. Back page. They're on the Net under"Dutcbulbs.com"

• Pnwjudy
    21 years ago

Here is the link to the double H's

Here is a link that might be useful: vanBourgondien

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    20 years ago

For you folks on the west coast, Heronswood Nursery (2004 online catalog just out) has a wide selection of hellebores available and nice assortment of doubles. Heronswood has been involved in a massive hellebore breeding program (including strains from Will at Phedar Nursery, a frequent Heronswood visitor) and has developed a signature starin of both single and double xhybridus, as well as offering many species hellebores.

They don't do seeds, only plants, and they are NOT inexpensive, but they ARE superior, very high quality plants. Many of my hellebores were 'birthed' at Heronswood, including a deep mauve-pink double that is the pride of my collection.

And the rest of their plants are too mouthwatering to pass up, as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heronswood Nursery

• Busy_Bee_OR
    20 years ago

Plants of Distinction in the UK has seeds available for double Helleborus. They have Helleborus "Corrie Doubles", "Mrs Betty Ranicar" and Helleborus Anemone Flowered and Mixed Doubles available as well as many other single flowered varieties (which are much less expensive). The doubles are not cheap at 3.95 pounds for 5 seeds but much cheaper than $50 for one plant. You have to order a catalog online in order to view their selections but it arrives in about a week so not too bad of a wait.

Angela

Here is a link to their catalog order webpage:

Here is a link that might be useful: Plants of Distinction free catalog

• jgwoodard
    20 years ago

You can also order the Plants of Distinction seeds directly from the grower...which is Elizabeth Town Hellebores in Tasmania. The 'Corrie' no doubt is from that source (and likely some of the others mentioned), and you will no doubt get more seeds for your money..just a suggestion.

• pacccman_gmail_com
    15 years ago

If you are looking for Double Hellebore in AUSTRALIA then Tesselaar have some available at the moment. I find they have many beautiful plants - actually, they have too many and I just cant find enough space in the garden! I am happy with the Tesselaar family supply, they have been in business for many years

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Hellebore

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County