Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you tell me what my leaves are doing?

Posted by jefra z5 UT (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 1:05

Last week I bought a pretty potted hellebore from our local supermarket. I was excited to find one and it looked beautiful and in perfect health. It has white petals that have become greenish as they've aged. But after we've owned it for 4-5 days (keeping it watered, not too much light) its leaves have spotted and yellowed rather rapidly. I don't know what the problem is and would love some insights from you pros.

Thanks

I have photos I can insert but don't know how to attach photos from an iPhone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Leaves

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you tell me what my leaves are doing?

Here's a photo of the flowers. The tag on the plant offers no id.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowers

o

It doesn't look good. Cut off the bad foliage. Is the plant outdoors? Hellebores are cold weather plants and flower in winter. If it's inside the house, don't keep it there.

It is some type of H. niger , aka Christmas rose, or hybrid, I believe.

o

Hi Carol, it's rapidly getting worse. So should I move the plant outside? It's about 9 degrees outside now and gets to be about 30 in the daytime.

o

The look of the leaves may mean it has virus. Do you have a garage or some place cool within your house where you could put it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here