Return to the Hellebore Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coming soon to a garden near you.......

Posted by gardengal48 PNW zone 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 04 at 9:53

...blooming hellebores! It won't be long now - doing some routine clean up this weekend, I discovered flower buds on most of my hellebores already poking above the soil surface. Based on the number of buds showing, it's gonna be a good season. Heavy budding is also taking place on argutifolius, 'Janet Starns', xsternii and various forms of foetidus. Don'tcha just love it when the hellebores bloom?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coming soon to a garden near you.......

• Posted by MorZ8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 13, 04 at 16:18

I do love it. Now if it just were slightly nicer weather so I could get out and enjoy them.

H. foetidus Sienna had been blooming for more than a month, oriental double pinks and pink anemone flowered followed not long after - with more of those plants from that years seedlings just now beginning to send up flower shoots too. A couple of Betty Ranicars are blooming now, Heronswood purple has shoots tall enough they are showing quite a bit of color and seem to be heavily budded. Heronswood yellow just now breaking ground.

But I've had a strange helleborus year, with plants blooming sporadically since May. Several put out their first flowers out of season from seed grown plants ( none of those flowers produced seed but I understand thats normal.)

o
RE: Coming soon to a garden near you.......

It's a couple months too early here.
I have a few trying to bloom anyway.
Here's a picture I took yesterday...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hellebore Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here