Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twotzus

Help with termite tenting damage

twotzus
17 years ago

Hello, I am not a regular of this forum but I need some help. In November, we tented our house for termites. The company told us to cut back all foundation plants 12-18 inches, which we did. We lost a scraggly Iochroma,(don't care) possibly Stephanotis (not sure yet), but most upsetting is that my hellebores all turned black on the top. They are planted a good 3+ feet in front of the house wall and at least 4 feet from the deck (which was also covered by the tent). Interestingly, this damage was not immediate but showed up a week or so after the tenting. My Nelly Moser clematis which is planted closed to the house is fine. I don't know why the hellebores suffered so much damage, unless the tent was dropped or draped over them when it was removed, exposing them to the pesticide fumes. My problem is I don't know what to do with them. Should I cut off all the blackened leaves to the undergrowth? A couple look like they have shiny green growth underneath, yet others show no green at all. Are they dead? Should I wait a few months to see if they perk up? Thanks in advance.

Tzus

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor