Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: herbs of all kinds wanted (free?)

Posted by herbdreams 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 23, 09 at 18:56

hi!!
im trying to turn my run-down mostly elderly neighborhood into a more beautiful place for all. i would love to have a huge array of seed to plant, and herbs are just the thing.

basils
lavenders
dill
fennel
bergamots
mints
chives
hyssop
marjoram
sages
thymes and creeping or woolly thymes

i am new to gardening and willing to put in long hours of work. something has to be done about this block!! your help graciously accepted!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: herbs of all kinds wanted (free?)

I don't have anything to share yet but I'm curious about what you're doing. Do you have a little park you're dressing up or are you just planting in front of your own building or are you planting for the elderly in your neighborhood as well?

I live in a poorer section of town and have thought about planting herbs in the two 5x5 patches of grass(well dirt since the children tend to tread any grass down to nothing) in front of my apartment house to "dress it up" a little.

I'm sure my landlord would let me (without a doubt) but I'm worried about the kids in the neighborhood not respecting the garden and running through it as they do now. A few years ago the landlord's mother put a little white plastic fence (8-10 inches tall) up around the edges of one side and tried to grow grass in it but the kids had the fence destroyed within days and the grass never really grew.

I'm also trying to start an indoor porch garden on my back porch (2nd floor, enclosed not a balcony) and am looking for herbs and tomatoes to grow there. I figured if I had surpluses or was sent some flowers as bonuses I'd plant them out front... (as well as share with others who could use them on this site) but the children pose a problem.

Any ideas or suggestions?

o
RE: WANTED: herbs of all kinds wanted (free?)

Why herbs and not Wildflowers native to your area. Colors are awesome. ill can send you wild flower seeds if you need them. send me a post and ill sened to u

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here