Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted- mints and herbs

Posted by angel2008 4 WI (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 17, 10 at 17:07

This is my first time posting in this area, and I am new to outdoor gardening. I dont have alot of plants to trade, but I would love to have a garden for mints and other herbs. I am looking for ANY starts of any you may have, in exchange for postage..or homemade 8 oz approx wt(or 2 -4oz approx wt) goats milk soap bars, honey-almond scented.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: wanted- mints and herbs

I can send you rooted pieces of either applemint, peppermint, or vinca (not an herb, but I figured I'd toss it in as an option.) I have dill, cilantro and evening primrose seeds. I've had some luck with rooting pieces of rosemary and lavender just by sticking them deep into the ground and keeping them moist. I also have a few other things if you want to check out my trades list.

I'd love to trade for your Dark purple and white Lilacs. If you want a bunch of things, I would also like the bee balm and creeping phlox.

o

I can send you chocolate mint and spearmint in exchange for lilacs. I love the super fragrant ones, any color. Will this work for you?

o

are the lilacs rooted? i would love to trade some plants with you for a white and a dark purple lilac (i have two 12ft tall lavender lilacs) and some creeping phlox.
i have grapefruit mint, lime mint, lavender mint, black stem peppermint, orange mint, ginger mint, kentucky colonel spearmint, sweet woodruff, tansy, Monarda fistulosa, Comfrey (sterile), Lemon Balm, and Soapwort (saponaria officinalis).
Even if you don't want to trade or have plants to trade i'd be happy to send them to you for the postage.

o

OMG, I have been so involved with starting a hosta garden that I completely forgot to check this forum. I am trying to do both a hosta and herb garden this summer. I am so sorry for not answering, if anyone is still interested in trading or postage PLEASE let me know.
Corinne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here