Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betz11_gw

HAVE: Culinary herbs

Betz11
18 years ago

Help. These plants are outgrowing their 2" pots and I do not want to have to start another garden for them. I started these from seed in the spring.

I have:

English Thyme

Oregano

Tuscan Blue Rosemary (from cuttings)

Parsley

Broad leaf sage

Please help me out.

Comments (7)

• bekados
    18 years ago

What kind of help would you like? I am an herb-junkie. We are blessed with about nine months of summer here--just got a sunburn in the garden yesterday. Who knows how much longer summer will be around!

• Betz11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I guess I worded it wrong. These plants need to be adopted. I would like to trade them for possibly perennials. Or, some other kinds of herbs. Or, whatever.

I just have too, too many of them.

• graanieb
    18 years ago

Hi Betz, me and my daughter ,4 kitties too, have been trying to get more herbs after relocating to Houston (due to Katrina and Rita)and bought 3 kinds of basil, but with the weather turning colder we thought of buying some largest herb plants (wish we did when we went to the herb society's sale) and drying them, especially basil, oregano and rosemary, love using them in cooking.
    So if you haven't thought about drying your herbs, wondering if you'd consider doing it, I'd love to trade seeds for dried herbs, if you are interested plmk?

GB

• Betz11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi GB,

Actually none of my herb plants are large enough to start harvesting. They
    should be next summer. If you are interested in buying dry herbs, The San
    Francisco Herb company sells pound packages that are really cheap. Check
    them out on the internet.

Nice to hear from you. I am originally from Houston.

Betz

• sewnmom7
    18 years ago

betz,is your sage a perrenial? how would you ship these 2"pots.? i have confederate rose seeds,old fashion cockscomb.horehound,cinn. basil,dill,or oregano.i would love to adopt your herbs.thanks ahead,molly

• Betz11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Molly,

Yes, my sage is perennial, and I have 2 kinds. What I do is take the plants out of the pots, wash the dirt off, wrap the roots in damp paper towel and then in plastic wrap. I send them priorty mail.

What is Confederate Rose? Please do not send me horehound seed or plants. It grows wild here and I fight it constantly. I could use any kind of basil or dill seed. I could probably use some of the cockscome, too.

Please email me direct or unlock you email address so we can communicate one on one.

Betz

• Kathy Johnson
    18 years ago

Do you happen to have anymore pineapple or apple mint? If so, please check my list. I also have some cast iron plant & a sansevieria.

Sponsored