Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Culinary herbs

Posted by Betz11 z5a UT (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 28, 05 at 11:42

Help. These plants are outgrowing their 2" pots and I do not want to have to start another garden for them. I started these from seed in the spring.

I have:
English Thyme
Oregano
Tuscan Blue Rosemary (from cuttings)
Parsley
Broad leaf sage

Please help me out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Culinary herbs

• Posted by bekados z8 FL--gulf cst (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 3, 05 at 17:24

What kind of help would you like? I am an herb-junkie. We are blessed with about nine months of summer here--just got a sunburn in the garden yesterday. Who knows how much longer summer will be around!

o

I guess I worded it wrong. These plants need to be adopted. I would like to trade them for possibly perennials. Or, some other kinds of herbs. Or, whatever.

I just have too, too many of them.

o

Hi Betz, me and my daughter ,4 kitties too, have been trying to get more herbs after relocating to Houston (due to Katrina and Rita)and bought 3 kinds of basil, but with the weather turning colder we thought of buying some largest herb plants (wish we did when we went to the herb society's sale) and drying them, especially basil, oregano and rosemary, love using them in cooking.
So if you haven't thought about drying your herbs, wondering if you'd consider doing it, I'd love to trade seeds for dried herbs, if you are interested plmk?

GB

o

Hi GB,

Actually none of my herb plants are large enough to start harvesting. They
should be next summer. If you are interested in buying dry herbs, The San
Francisco Herb company sells pound packages that are really cheap. Check
them out on the internet.

Nice to hear from you. I am originally from Houston.

Betz

o

betz,is your sage a perrenial? how would you ship these 2"pots.? i have confederate rose seeds,old fashion cockscomb.horehound,cinn. basil,dill,or oregano.i would love to adopt your herbs.thanks ahead,molly

o

Hi Molly,

Yes, my sage is perennial, and I have 2 kinds. What I do is take the plants out of the pots, wash the dirt off, wrap the roots in damp paper towel and then in plastic wrap. I send them priorty mail.

What is Confederate Rose? Please do not send me horehound seed or plants. It grows wild here and I fight it constantly. I could use any kind of basil or dill seed. I could probably use some of the cockscome, too.

Please email me direct or unlock you email address so we can communicate one on one.

Betz

o

Do you happen to have anymore pineapple or apple mint? If so, please check my list. I also have some cast iron plant & a sansevieria.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here