Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Lion's Tail for wants....

Posted by flowerjunkie2 z8 (sandysmg@aol.com) on
Mon, Oct 10, 05 at 13:15

Lion Tail -Leonotis leonorus-AKA-Wild Dagga -PLANT

Have LION'S TAIL ROOTED-almost flowering size - to trade for plants wanted or brug/iochroma cuttings,or what else do you have? Looking for plants that can be propagated now and grown thru winter, for spring church sale.

'LION'S TAIL' INFO
Known as 'Wild Dagga' -is smoked or made into a medicinal tea by the Hottentot tribe of South Africa. Because of its euphoric effects,' Wild Dagga' is often referred to as a Cannabis substitute. Leonotis leonurus ((Wild Dagga - Lion's Tail)) species is also used in Eastern medicine as a euphoriant. Euphoric 'marijuana-like' experience, suggested that persistent use of this substance can lead to habituation, same degree as in tobacco.

Can be used for menstrual and uterine conditions as well. It is valuable in the stimulation of delayed or suppressed menstruation, especially where there is anxiety or tension involved. It is a good relaxing tonic for aiding in menopausal changes. Eases false labor pains.

The resin from the leaves and petals is used. Dried leaves may also be smoked or chewed.( FYI- I don't condone the use of this for any reason other than medicinal purposes,)
Thanks, Sam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Lion's Tail for wants....

I have some double datura metal seeds that are coming now. They are a purple and white ruffle, i fyou are interested. I have a few seedlings but am unsure how they will travel.Can try as well?
Susan

o
RE: HAVE: Lion's Tail for wants....

Do you have any seeds for this plant that you would be willing to trade? I'd absolutely love to grow this one!

See my list, if you don't find anything that interests you, just ask and I'll see what I can find :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here