Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curry Leaf Bug

Posted by Shamin none (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 4:51

My curry leaf plants (all in pots) have got a nasty bug that causes the leaves to bubble. I think they have Citrus psylla. I've used organic insecticides like Biogrow's "Neudosan" and Margaret Roberts Garlic extract and Canola oil mix, but these have not helped. Please advise what else I can do. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curry Leaf Bug

Scale?

o
RE: Curry Leaf Bug

Shamin: we have the asian citrus psyllid here; and i think you're right the immature forms of psyllid can look like scale; which it does. noticed that you're in South Africa, and I am not as familiar with the african citrus psyllid; I would be very careful especially if you have any citrus trees around.

sad to say given the extent of damage and pest infestation, it might be better to destroy the plant (burn). psyllids are bad news, and can spread HLB.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here