Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momj47

Daisyduckworth how are you doing?

momj47
11 years ago

Just jumping over from the Cooking Forum to see how you are doing in this awful heat wave in Australia. It was 125ð in some parts of your country.

We miss you and your wonderful recipes.

Please take care.

Barb

Comments (16)

• Daisyduckworth
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for your concern. I rarely visit the Cooking forum these days, and only occasionally pop in to Herbs. I cannot cook for myself these days, and while I still have a few herbs in pots, I've transformed my garden by covering it in its entirety with concrete pavers! All because of continuing ill health.

I'm surviving the heat with the help of air-conditioning, but it has been very enervating. I'm lucky that I don't live further inland where temps have soared so much that they've had to increase the map codes!

Here is a link that might be useful: Australia heats up

• momj47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad to hear you are all right. You certainly have "interesting" weather, and don't do things in a small way.

I'm sorry you can't cook or work in your garden any more, I remember how much you enjoy it. Take care and KEEP COOL.

>

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

Daisy, I'm very sorry to hear that you can no longer do the things you love. I always enjoyed your informative posts and, of course the wonderful recipes, so much. Take care and don't desert us entirely!
    Barb

• Daisyduckworth
    11 years ago

I'm always happy to share. If you want info or recipes, why not email me? I can't always guarantee to have what you want, but I will promise to reply.

• fatamorgana2121
    11 years ago

Good to hear from you, Daisy. I noticed you were here only on rare occasions and hoped all was well. I wish you all the best with your health and for some cooler temperatures to head your way. Perhaps this photo of sunrise earlier this week will help. I did no photoshopping of the colors - the photo is this blue. It is a winter view from my place with the snow and colors giving it a cold and perhaps for yourself, refreshing look.

FataMorgana

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Greetings from me too, Daisy. I also wondered where you had got to. Look after yourself. Flora.

• Daisyduckworth
    11 years ago

What a lovely picture, Fatamorgana! Definitely cooling!

• batyabeth
    11 years ago

What amazes me, Daisy, is the astonishing amount of information in your little head. Besides being a nice, generous lady with a wicked sense of humor, kind of "Daisy Duckworth's Herbal Compendium". I hope you have a little energy each day to do something that pleases you.

And Fata, what the heck were you doing up at that hour?!

• fatamorgana2121
    11 years ago

Batya, *grin* - it wasn't that hard to be up. Sunrise on the morning the picture was taken was at 7:42 am and I think I snapped the picture around 7:15. We have a lot of darkness and lack of sun here at this time of the year. The day (sunrise to sunset) is currently only a little over 9 hours with most days being overcast and cloudy - no sun to be seen. It can get people pretty cranky and depressed.

So seeing a clear sky and sunrise like this was exceptional and especially beautiful.

FataMorgana

• barbe_wa
    9 years ago

I hope all is still well for you, Daisy. We just started winter here - snow last night and temps in the low 20's (F) tonight. It's always a little sad for me when the days get shorter, and here in the Pacific Northwest it stays cloudy and wet all winter whether we have snow or not. I just got my dahlia tubers put away in peat moss for the winter, and I'm ready to start working on next spring's garden in my cold frame. Stay well and let us know occasionally how your life is going - at least you're getting sunny and warm now!

• Daisyduckworth
    9 years ago

So nice to be thought of, and not forgotten! I'm ploddin' along OK. I look in here from time to time, but I keep a low profile these days.

We've just been through another heatwave - hottest November on record. Thank goodness for air-conditioning! Summer started yesterday, so it should be a scorcher. I don't mind the heat - it's the sub-tropical humidity that knocks me out.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    9 years ago

Greetings, Daisy. Good to hear from you again.

• fatamorgana2121
    9 years ago

Weather has gotten crazy. You have the hottest November on record, Buffalo (a city only about 2 hours from where I live) got 7-8 feet of snow in a 2 day period in November. Buffalo and the rest of the region get snow pretty regularly in the winter season but not like this. It was crippling and some people died. But after all the snow, temperatures were warm enough in just a couple of days to melt the snow. Wild, wild, wild.

Good to hear from you, Daisy! Hope all is well!

FataMorgana

• barbe_wa
    8 years ago

Daisy, I was wondering how you're getting along. Haven't heard from you in some time, and I do miss you!

• CA Kate z9
    8 years ago

I was hoping Daisy would answer, but since she hasn't I will convey that she is doing pretty good considering her many medical issues.

• barbe_wa
    8 years ago

I'm happy she's doing fairly well. I really miss her gardening advice and recipes. Thank you for the update.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz