Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OurGreenNeighbor Articles

Posted by fatamorgana 5/6 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 9:54

I have recently added a number of new articles to my Our Green Neighbors blog that you may find of interest including: companion planting with borage, a free seed giveaway, the insight of echinacea's botanical name and more. Please enjoy!

FataMorgana

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Green Neighbors Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OurGreenNeighbor Articles

bumping down :)

o

I have had a look Fata - enjoyed it as usual. Always well written and interesting. May is probably my favourite month too.

o

Thanks! :)

FataMorgana

o

It is to bad we did not know the reason there were so many Burdock growing on our farm in Michigan. All I remember was they were large plants that stunk when we cut them down and if allowed to seed would spread. As for stinging nettles we walked with are around them as a child. We did eat dandelions, and lambs-quarter. Never ate Poke-salad until I moved to Maryland. More of these herbs would be gone now if we knew why the immigrants brought them here. We have herbs that grow wild here most do not know how to use them or why. I keep looking for Mexican oregano seeds as it goes so well with Tex-Mex foods.

o

I'm always amazed at the lengths and poisons people go to in trying to get rid of dandelions. I love them. They are so pretty plus an incredible edible and medicinal plant. Sad that people would rather share their space with poison than this wonderful herb. So many of our other "weeds" have their beauties too. Thanks for reading!

FataMorgana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here