Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to purchase herb seeds?

Posted by mmiesse 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 10:59

Where's your favorite place to purchase good herb seeds from? I'm hoping online somehow, but it could be for a local store with an online purchasing option.
One of the most specific seeds I'm searching for is Holy Basil (Tulsi). But I also plan on purchasing many other herbs to grow.

In addition, has anybody had experience growing Holy Basil? Its properties are vast and beneficial, so I want to grow the best plant possible!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to purchase herb seeds?

What kind of seeds are you looking for specifically? Most vegetable seed vendors carry culinary herb seeds as well. If medicinal herbs, try Richters and Horizon Herbs.

I grow holy basil. Like sweet basil, I direct sow it into fertile garden beds. Grows wonderfully. I've had the best results with seed I've gotten from Horizon Herbs.

FataMorgana

o

I do not know about anyone else but once I plant the seeds I make sure I have one plant that I let go to seed as those seeds seem to do much better than any you might buy and the price is time.

o

Bakers creek has a nice selection of herbs and all plants for that matter... I been looking for medicinal plants and they have alot of them! Cheap to.. 2-3 for a decent amount of seeds.. I had very good germination rates in all their seeds.. Also shipping is only $3 and you get it in a week or so..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here