Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tn_veggie_gardner

Milk Thistle Seedling Worry

tn_veggie_gardner
13 years ago

I have never grown Milk Thistle before. I am intruiged by the plant, so I decided to order some seeds for it & grow a plant or two this year. My 1 Milk Thistle seedling I ended up with seems to be doing fine (germination test of floating pellet tray failed miserably & didn't bode well for plants I started in it). It's a healthy color & is still growing noticeably. The problem/worry I have is that as of about a week ago, it has tipped over. lol...It seems to be definitely still growing fine. Is it normal for MT seedlings to tip over? Maybe it will straighten back out when it gets older/more mature? The seedling is about 5 inches tall/long & is in a 1 gallon pot right now, so it's deffinitely not round bound or starving for space. I can provide a picture, if needed. Maybe it needs more/less light and/or heat? Please let me know.

Thanks! - Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Steve's Garden

Comments (6)

• fatamorgana2121
    13 years ago

A lot of seedlings can be weak, top-heavy things when grown indoors without the wind, rain, and natural conditions to make them strong. Some like to use fans near seedlings just to help to strengthen the seedlings.

I've not grown milk thistle from seed so I can't comment on them specifically.

FataMorgana

• foolishpleasure
    13 years ago

I buy Milk-Thistle extract. It is good to clean the liver. How do you get seeds for that plant.

• ConnellAlecks
    11 years ago

One of the most favored health supplements for body builders today is muscle milk protein. It might be applied for building muscle mass and shedding weight although only with a appropriate physical activity. Based on the components we are able to simply compare and contrast it for the content material of breast milk. We now have to agree which is it the most healthy factor ever.

Among the many concern lots of individuals ask when they understand the level of fat muscle milk contains is - could it really do the job? When you take a look at the content material you'll notice that it consists of Twelve gr of fat. To make things even more difficult 6 grams are bad fats. You have got to admit that this really is a lot. Nonetheless there's absolutely nothing to worry concerning simply because the bad fats contained in muscle milk protein usually are not that unsafe.

Well muscle milk definitely gives some good outcomes or it would not be so well-known. An additional wonderful factor is that you will discover a number of flavors. You can't go incorrect with virtually any taste.

A fantastic number with the unwanted fat in muscle milk are MCT and this fact in some way cuts down on poor impression bad fats have right here. Based on current research MCTs is great for fat burning capacity and accordingly tends to make miracles for folks wanting to lose a few pounds. Preserve in mind that it doesn�t mean that if you ingest muscle milk protein only you are going to lose excess fat. A different very good thing is the fact that muscle milk plays a very important work inside the oxidation of fats. Even though you can find some health advantages in it we can not be entirely certain whether it increases training.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.sideeffectsguide.org/milk-thistle-side-effects/

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Blah

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

This is funny, during WWII we saved the milkweed seeds pods for the military to make life jackets. I know in Michigan and Ohio they are all over the place. We played with the "silk" and love to watch it float thru the air. Maybe the next time instead of buying the seeds some like member of this forum could go out and harvest you lots of seeds :)

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Milk thistle and milk weed are not the same thing, wally-1936. The OP was asking about Milk Thistle, Silybum marianum.