Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
droopy lavender plant

Posted by madcatsmom MA (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 14:32

I received a lavender plant for Christmas. I repotted it a new pot. I think I've overwatered it and the leaves are drooping and a bit brown. Is there anything I can do to save it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: droopy lavender plant

Droopy after you repotted or before?

FataMorgana

o

After repotted. And about a month after that I tried watering more b/c of the droop/brown and it got worse :(

o

You must remember lavender likes to be dry ( doesnt like wet feet ). It sounds like it has been too wet. Usually when wilted like that its root rot.

o

Is there anything I can do now?

o

Plants can be droopy after transplanting but unless damaged they bounce back from that rather quickly. It sounds like you've got something else going on, perhaps as the previous poster said.

In my experience, lavender is one of those plants that thrives on neglect and does poorly with too much attention - it needs poor soil, little water, etc. I would try letting your soil dry out between waterings. Not dry as a bone, but pretty dry feeling. It was what your plant needed to begin with. It may still not make it, but at least you'll be giving it a chance.

FataMorgana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here