Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white spots on rosemary

Posted by kokumber none (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 18:41

Hi,
I am growing rosemary indoors, in a pot facing west, in NYC. I recently spotted white spots on a few of its leaves. Can anyone tell me what they are, and what I should do? Thanks!

picture
https://picasaweb.google.com/115697985100623862955/February262012#5713593454280076466

Here is a link that might be useful: rosemary white spots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white spots on rosemary

Can't see your photo, but this time of year it's usually powdery mildew. Cut off the worst branches -- they won't recover because the fungus has penetrated the leaves. Then make up a mixture of one part any type of milk to 5-6 parts water, and drench the plant in the daytime, when it's in good light. Repeat in a week. Meanwhile, move the plant to a cool, drafty place like near a leaky window where it will get chilled to the mid 50's. These measures will hold the mildew at bay until new growth starts in a month or so.

Can you tell I've been there, done that?

o

Thank you, planatus. If you are curious, the picutres is at the link in the original post, also linked from "rosemary white spots" at the bottom. thanks!

o

Your Picasa link says "sorry, that page was not found"

Try again to post a picture.

o

Dont keep your Rosemary wet. It likes to be dry esp if its indoors. Keep in a very sunny window. You want it to completely dry out before watering. Almost like its begging for water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here