Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southport8

Weak basil leaves with picture/sage side question.

southport8
11 years ago

Hello.

First time growing any herb. I have a 300 watt MH like 30 inches above these. I'm trying not to water them as you can see. These are the last 4 out of 10. I am thinking it is because I sprayed them with water in the middle of their light cycle and it possible burnt the leaves because they were so small to begin with?

So main questions are, what is this? how close to a 300 watt light should herbs generally be? and how often would you water basil? I'm scared of root rott, I see alot regarding that.

Regarding the sage plants started at the same time. They are the same distance away from the basil. I am having trouble with them being too long and weak. I feel the stem to leaf growth ratio is way too high on the stem side. They fall over, and now I have them supported by chop sticks with yarn. They are still growing and 2 of them are now falling over above their yarn piece. They look good though.

Thank you so much. This is the only place I can find with normal people with real life experiences growing plants, which I love.

So thank you!

Comments (5)