Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sujiwan_gw

Garden Talk Part 2

Earlier, I mentioned that I needed to come up with an idea for garden club. I've decided on the broad subject matter, in this case the family Lamiaceae (menthas, etc.) since it has so many varied herb plants in it.

Someone mentioned rimming sugars--how do you make that from something like mint or lemon balm, for example? I'm finding lots of products for sale for alcoholic rimmers but not herb recipes. Any other jazzy ideas on the culinary front? My co-presenters have both chosen the culinary angle for roses and lavender.

I was wondering about the idea of dried herb mixes that would involved this family for things from tea combos to herb pillows that you might be aware of.

Somehow I have got to procure some bulk herbs in any case since it's northern Maryland and nothing in my garden is growing more than teensy baby leaves if that! The nurseries aren't carrying anything like this yet as it is too cold and I know I can only quickly find fresh typical herbs in the grocery store. So, forget fresh edible flowers by next week--it's either varied dried stuff or only fresh grocery herbs in this "mint" family.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner