Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tricolor sage problem

Posted by Kevin_26 none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 16:32

Hi I have a problem with my tricolor sage, it is starting to get a white mildew on it I never had the problem with me normal sage and purple so I am at a loss.

I looked on net says to mix 1/4 baking powder with 1 cup water and that treat it but I am scepital of that.

help please thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tricolor sage problem

kevin_26 - we are experiencing a thoroughly rotten March. I am surprised your tricolour sage is even alive to be honest. Cross your fingers and will the sun to come out.

Or is it indoors???? In which case give it more air and less water.

o

While I know this doesn't help you with your problem, I have found the tricolor to be the least robust of the sage varieties.

If indoors, definitely more air and less water as Flora suggests.

FataMorgana

o

was out but like you say rotten march, I brought mine in doors so I leave it airred is there anything I can do take the white away or will that go with the airring?

o

I use the baking powder and water solution for my squash plants when they get powdery mildew and it works very well for me. More air helps, too.

o

Kevin - if it was outside you should leave it outside, maybe with a little shelter from a bit of fleece or something held well off the foliage. Bringing it in might well be the cause of your problem.

Rays of strange yellow light coming through my windows today. What is it??? Still b..... freezing though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here