Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sage and chive question.

Posted by sprtsguy76 Santa Clara Ca. 9b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 30, 09 at 3:18

My sage and chive plants are flowering, does this mean they are going to seed? And if so when and where can I extract the seeds? Thanks.

Damon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sage and chive question.

I don't know about sage seeds but when chive seeds are ready the seed pods turn white an dry. Pick a few and rub them with your fingers/hand. They should come off easily and be hard black. ((if you wait too long they will fall on the groung and may grow next season)). Then you can cut all the seed bearing stems and set them on a piece of papaer (inside) untill they are fully dry. Then by rubbing the seed pods all the seed should separate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here