Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grwoing herbs in greenhouse

Posted by lily51 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 5:56

Last year the only herb I grew from seed was basil, and it is very easily done. So this year i thought I would try others, without much success. All my sage died, as did my thyme. I started them in the winter(my greenhouse is heated) I'm tryhing again and have sown thyme,borage, 5 varieties of basil, rosemary (started in jan.and still a seedling) and dill. Was my green house just too cool for them to grow at an earlier date?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grwoing herbs in greenhouse

We can't help you unless you let us know some details about your seeding procedures. There are many 'right' ways to go about it, but many more methods that are sure to end in failure.

I'll give you one little tip, though. Seeds like to germinate in a warm medium, but the air can be cool. If the soil is too cool, the seeds can rot before germination occurs. If the AIR temperatures are too warm, damping off diseases can occur rapidly after germination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here