Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mint plant new leaves look pale + parts dried hydroponics indoor

Posted by doctorman 7b / indoor (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 10:36

Hey guys,

I am back with a new issue with my beautiful Mint plant leaves turning very pale and some have dried like burnt parts, brown and dry next to pale parts,, see pics

I am not sure about species, I bought this from supermarket and liked it so rooted it and grew it.

the setting is indoor hydroponic, the water temp is kept below 20c and water PH is kept around 6, PPM is around 1100. I use Hydrogarden hobbyist formula 10-9-19 with micro nuts etc

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mint plant new leaves look pale + parts dried hydroponics in

also if anyone knows the species please let me know.

o

more pics

o

and one more to show the pig picture.
my strawberries are doing great and just started blooming,
my basil is big lush and great.

light wise there is 400W induction light on top of this and as you can see the mint gets a good amount of light

o

it might be clcium defficiency from what I am reading but I like to hear what the experts in the forum have to say also about the species

http://verticalfoodblog.com/calcium-in-aquaponics/?utm_source=Free+Content+List&utm_campaign

Here is a link that might be useful: calcium def article

o

not a single reply?

o

it may be better to direct the question to hydro growers

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hydro/

Here is a link that might be useful: forums.gardenweb.com hydro

o

Yes - most people on here just grow their herbs outside in the ground or containers. Mint is incredibly easy to grow that way and so probably none of us have ever had these problems. To me hydroponics always sounds like a way of making gardening as artificial, difficult and time consuming as possible but I realise that it's an absorbing hobby for some.

o

Wanted to update this post in case someone else comes across it..

the issue was some sort of deficiency in the water probably calcium.
if you have a hydroponic system change the water from scratch every 2 weeks so you do not see imbalance nutrients.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here