Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aindra

Potted Lovage - datekeeping and pictures

Aindra
11 years ago

I took some pictures of my potted Lovage in its second growing season. I sowed this lovage at July 2012. I don't have the pictures of the first growing season because I didn't have a camera back then. The plant never got big; it grew a foot tall before the winter dormancy set in (October).

It exited its dormancy at late February when the red tip raised from the ground, but it took some time until leaves merged.

Taken: March 16, 2013

Taken: March 24, 2013
{{gwi:34595}}

Taken: April 1, 2013

Taken: April 22, 2013

By my best guess, it's about three times bigger than its first growing season's peak, already. And it's still growing. Between first and last picture, the duration is 38 days.

If you don't know what is a lovage, its leaves taste like celery so I like to use these leaves in soups and salads. I've read a lovage pesto recipe somewhere someone made so I'd like to try that someday.

It's also said around here, they're not ideal for the containers. I gave it a shot and it's doing well so far.

I'll update this thread with new pictures until dormancy sets (or something unexpected happens to it.)