Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamin724

Please Help New Gardner

Jamin724
11 years ago

Hello this is my first year growing and I am concerned about my herbs. I have planted all different basil's on the left and thyme and oregano on the right. From left to right it goes cinnamon basil> lemon basil (the most grown)> sweet basil> Thai basil> thyme> oregano The basil is my concern now. All these plants are about 2 weeks old and are planted in 1x1 inch seed starter tray. When I started I thought I had evenly spread the seeds but as you can see they are not. Should I thin these seedlings now though they do not have any true leaves on them? Also are they getting leggy? I have brushed them gently with my hand and they feel firm they do not bend and all spring back into place. I have read online to wait 3-4 weeks before transplanting or when they have true leaves. Also I have seen videos/pics of other basil plants who have thicker stems then mine. I live in Rhode Island and what I have been doing is taking them out in the day and then bringing them in at night. I do not use any heating mat or grow lamps. I put the plastic dome on right before I go to bed so in the AM they do get some morning sun and the dome helps with that. Then around 9-10 I put them in the front yard with full sun until about 4-5pm. If anyone can please help I will greatly appreciate it thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022