Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Package from Horizon Herbs

Posted by Edymnion 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 16:07

Just a heads up, I received my package of live plants from Horizon Herbs today. The plants were in fairly poor shape due to some rather crummy shipping conditions.

Usually when I get live plants, they are shipped with packing peanuts to help cushion things. Not these. The plants were basically just box taped to the inside of the box with the leafing end crapped into the other side of the box, and some crumpled newspaper shoved on top. I'd say a good 2/3rds of the stems were broken (they were soft plants though, so putting new shoots out shouldn't be a problem).

I don't really expect any trouble getting them to bounce back, but obviously not thrilled that a mail order seed and plant company is so bad at packing it's plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Package from Horizon Herbs

Er, "crammed", not "crapped".

o

Have you contacted the company? I've mailed ordered live plants from many different places over the years and though it is rare, I do occasionally get plants that looked like they went through the "Samsonite Luggage Test" - even from places that I usually get very good quality plants from. Things happen in transit or mistakes happen in packaging. But it is how the company deals with you and the problem you had that is the real telling point.

Every time it this has to me, I've politely contacted the vendor immediately after I received the shipment. All of them have shipped me replacements with no questions and no cost to me. I've ordered from Horizon for years. I've always had good service so I urge you to contact them and give them a chance to work with you to make it right.

FataMorgana

o

I looked this company up in Garden Watchdog out of curiosity and the results were overwhelmingly positive. So much so that I'm going to place an order with them! I really suggest that you contact them and let them 'make it right'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here