Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
germination time

Posted by thnkfl4plntz 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 21:00

I planted some Basil, Parsley, Chives, Sage & Rosemary about 3 weeks ago. The Basil & Parsley are sprouted and doing great. The Chives, Rosemary & Sage still haven't sprouted. I know they are perennials but do they take longer to sprout? Thanks, Joel.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: germination time

I hope you can find someone near you that has a Rosemary bush as usually less than 5% sprout. Or then your best bet would be to just buy one. The Chives and Sage should be sprouted by now alwo but the sage may not be perennial after all some only live until they bloom then die.

o

Marvellous what you can find on the internet!

Here is a link that might be useful: germination times herbs

o

yOUR CHIVES SHOULD HAVE GERMINATED BY NOW TOO.
oNION FAMILY TEND TO tolerate and LIKE COLD.

I started my parsley in cold frame but direct sowed the chives and both Are doing fine. As far as sage, ... concerned, I bought them (sage, winter savory, lavender, thyme, rosemary ) in pots from garden stores. I figure I dont use a lot of them. So there is no nedd for me to grow whole bunch of them. But I use a lot of fresh and dried parsley, basil and chives. So I grow them from seeds.

cyrus

o

Rosemary wiill fail unless you use PRIMED SEEDS. These, as posted in another recent thread, are sold by Johnny's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here